i first saw this braided pizza bread on pinterest. isn’t pinterest the best!?!? i love it. it’s so fun looking at all of the great things that people find. it’s so much better than searching through random blogs and i definitely stumbled upon new awesome blogs because of pinterest. i also love using pinterest to store recipes i want to try out – definitely easier than keeping up my wish list, which is why it isn’t really up to date. sorry! so just check out my pinterest page instead🙂
as i’ve said before, i love pizza. so it’s always really fun when i find recipes that change up regular pizza into super fun pizza – you know like those pizza bites i made. so this braided pizza bread is right up my alley. to tell you the truth it’s actually really similar to the pizza bites, just in a different form. both are absolutely delicious – i mean just look at all that ooey gooey cheese. yum!
this braided pizza bread is like pizza plus garlic bread. what could be better?!?!? so next time you’re in the mood for pizza, why not give this braided pizza bread a try. you’ll be glad you did!
first, make a batch of your favorite pizza dough. i used this one.
place the pizza dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and roll or press the dough out into a large rectangle.
spread the pizza or marinara sauce in the middle of the rectangle.
then layer the cheese and toppings on to the sauce. i just used turkey pepperoni but you could use regular pepperoni, sausage, olives, mushrooms, green peppers, etc. (i kind of did this in the wrong order to that’s why this picture shows the strips already cut. oh well. it still worked out fine)
next with an oiled or floured pizza cutter, cut 1 inch diagonal strips along each side of the rectangle.
look how pretty it is…
time for my favorite part – the topping. put the garlic, italian seasoning, and butter in a small microwave safe bowl. microwave it for 45 seconds, mixing after every 15 seconds.
brush the garlic butter on the top of the braided dough.
now sprinkle on some grated parmesan cheese.
ready for the oven!
finally bake the braided pizza bread for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees f. once it’s done baking, make sure to allow it to cool for a few minutes. then slice it up and serve.
Braided Pizza Bread
adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff
- 1 batch of pizza dough
1/2 c. marinara/pizza sauce
1 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, grated
- toppings of your choice: pepperoni (turkey or regular), sausage, ham, etc.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out pizza dough into a large rectangle on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Spread marinara sauce down the middle of your dough. Add mozzarella cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Cut 1 inch diagonal strips up each side of the dough.
- Fold 1 inch strips up and over pizza filling, alternating sides to get a braided look.
- To make garlic butter, put butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds, mixing after each 15 second increment. Brush the top of the braided dough with the garlic butter and then sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes then cut into slices and serve.
Printer Friendly Recipe: Braided Pizza Bread