this morning i was watching barefoot contessa. in the episode, ina went to london and visited an amazing little chocolate shop. at the shop, she learned how to make these cute chocolate lollipops. they put all kinds of stuff on their lollipops like hazelnuts, orange peel, candied pistachios, etc. then once ina came back to the states, she made her own version of the lollipops with white chocolate, salted cashews, and dried cherries.
i was inspired to make my own chocolate lollipops. since it’s christmas time, i figured it would be a nice idea to make these lollipops christmas themed and make pistachios dried cranberry white chocolate lollipops so they are red, green, and white. yay for christmas time!
these are super easy and you only need a few ingredients. plus wrapped up, they make perfect gifts. i’m actually including these lollipops my holiday gift packages of sweet goodies for a few of my friends. you can also make all different kinds of chocolate lollipops, in all different kinds of flavor combinations with different kinds of chocolate and toppings. i actually made a batch of almond joy chocolate lollipops which i’ll be posting soon.
all you have to do is melt the chocolate. this can be done in the microwave. no need to set up a double boiler and all that jazz. nice. microwave 2/3 of the chopped white chocolate in 30 second intervals mixing after each interval. it only took 1 minute and 15 seconds for the chocolate to melt completely.
then add the last 1/3 of the chocolate and mix until it’s melted.
now the white chocolate is ready to be turned into lollipops.
to form the lollipops, pour about 1 tablespoon of white chocolate into rounds on a silpat lined baking sheet.
then take a lollipop stick and place it in the middle of each round, gently twist the stick so that it’s covered with chocolate.
now it’s the fun part – decorating the lollipops with the pistachios and cranberries. i put 3 of each on each lollipop, but you can put as much or as little toppings on the lollipops as you would like.
let the lollipops set for about 30 minutes – 1 hour at room temperature or you can put them refrigerator to help them harden a bit quicker.
when they are set, you can wrap them up like i did above. i used some cute christmas ribbon that i found on sale after christmas last year. you know that is the best time to stock up on christmas decoration and packaging. everything is super cheap and then you’ll already be ready for the next year. awesome!
Pistachio Cranberry White Chocolate Lollipops
adapted from Ina Garten
- 8 oz white chocolate
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Place a sheet of non-stick silicone or parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Place 6 ounces of the white chocolate in a heat-proof glass bowl and put it in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula, return it to the microwave for another 30 seconds, then stir again. Continue to heat and stir in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is just melted.
- Immediately stir in the remaining 2 ounces of chocolate and allow it to sit at room temperature, stirring often, until it’s completely smooth. (If you need to heat it a little more, place it in the microwave for another 15 seconds.)
- Using a tablespoon, pour the melted chocolate in rounds onto the silicone and place lollipop sticks in the middle of each chocolate round, giving the stick a little twist.
- Sprinkle the tops of the lollipops evenly with the pistachios and dried cranberries.
- Set aside to harden.
Yield: 12-13 lollipops
Printer Friendly Recipe: Pistachio Cranberry White Chocolate Lollipops