last week i made cookies and creme cupcakes for my univ100 students since we had our first class on wednesday. i had some leftover oreos which was perfect because i had been eying up a recipe on picky palate, cookies and cream rice crispy treats. doesn’t that sound amazing? well let me tell you, it is. i love the chocolatey addition of the oreos in one of my favorite desserts, rice crispy treats. this is a deliciously simple, quick and easy dessert that everyone will love. yum!
note: i didn’t have quite enough mini marshmallows but i did have some marshmallow creme. here’s a great little conversion chart for regular marshmallows, mini marshmallows, and marshmallow creme:
- One 7oz. Jar of Marshmallow creme = 2 cups of miniature marshmallows
- One large marshmallow = 10 miniature marshmallows
Cookies and Cream Rice Crispy Treats
adapted from Picky Palate
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Cups mini marshmallows
- 6 Cups rice crispy cereal
- 2 cups mini Oreo cookies or quartered regular Oreos
- Place butter and marshmallows into a large microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for a few minutes until marshmallows puff up nice and large.
- Remove and stir in cereal and Oreos.
- Pour into a large 9×13 inch baking dish.
- With the back of a large spoon that’s sprayed with cooking spray press and smooth treats.
- After allowing it to cool completely, cut into squares.
Printer Friendly Recipe: Cookies and Cream Rice Crispy Treats