last week while grocery shopping i decided to pick up some mozzarella cheese and pepperoni to make these pizza bites that i saw on annie’s eats. and then a couple days ago my friend tammy made them. great minds think alike, because tonight i made the pizza bites and they were absolutely delicious! chris, my boyfriend/fiance (yes, he finally has a name on this blog. haha) and i gobbled them up.
oh but i did change the recipe a little bit. i used my go to pizza dough recipe instead of the one included in the recipe. i also switched out turkey pepperoni for the regular kind. it is a bit healthier and tastes just as yummy. oh and instead of the olive oil/italian seasoning topping, i brushed garlic butter on top. so i guess this recipe can really be seen as more of a technique than a strict recipe because you can change up the dough, the fillings, and the topping. we’re excited to make some pizza bites with sausage and maybe even ham and cheddar. the possibilities are endless!
to make these delicious pizza bites, first start off with a batch of your favorite pizza dough …
then get your pepperoni and mozzarella cubes ready…
next divide the dough into 20-24 pieces. one piece at a time, flatten it out a little and lay a couple pieces of pepperoni and then a cube of cheese on to the dough. pinch together the edges so the cheese and pepperoni are completely sealed by the dough. repeat with the rest of the pieces of dough.
arrange the pizza bites in a 9 in. pie pan. and brush the top of the bites with garlic butter and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese…
bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes…
serve with marinara sauce and enjoy these ooey gooey cheesy pepperoni pizza bites.
adapted from Annie’s Eats
- 1 batch of pizza dough
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed into about 20-24 cubes
- sliced pepperoni
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan.
- Divide the pizza dough into 20-24 roughly equal sized pieces. Take one of the dough pieces, top with a cube of cheese and a slice or two of pepperoni. Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed. Place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.
- To make the garlic butter, mix melted butter, garlic, and parsley together in a small bowl. Lightly brush the tops of the dough balls with the garlic butter. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve warm, with marinara sauce.
Printer Friendly Directions: Pizza Bites