i first made this rich, chocolate-y peanut butter chocolate pie for thanksgiving a few years ago. it was a big hit but then i completely forgot about this recipe until this past week when i was trying to think of a dessert to make for his mom and stepdad who were in town this weekend. so i went on a search for the recipe so i could make this pie again. but for some reason i couldn’t find the exact one. until i realized that i had changed the original recipe a ton and then came up with this pie. originally it had a graham crust, vanilla pudding, and fudge topping. i don’t really remember why i changed it, maybe i just used what i happened to have in my kitchen, i’m not sure. either way, this version is great. i hope you like it too!
oh and i found these absolutely adorable reese’s mini cups to decorate the pie with. aren’t they the cutest!
yum… peanut butter chocolate goodness!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
- 1 1/2 cups of finely crushed Oreo cookie crumbs (approximately 20-22 cookies)
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/4 cups cold milk
- 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- To make the crust, mix the Oreo cookie crumbs and butter in a bowl with a spoon until they’re properly mixed and have a consistent texture.
- Use your fingers to press the crust into the pie plate.
- Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes at 350° F (177° C)
- Cool crust completely.
- To make the filling, beat peanut butter and milk in large bowl with whisk until well blended.
- Add dry pudding mixes; beat 2 min. (Mixture will be thick.)
- Stir in half the Cool Whip; spread over chocolate layer.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Decorate with Reece’s mini cups.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
Printer Friendly Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie