tomorrow is our office’s february birthday celebration! there is only one person in our office whose birthday is in february. so he got to decide what kind of cupcakes we will be having this month. he likes oreos so i made cookies & creme cupcakes. i actually made cookies & creme cupcakes before, but this is a new recipe and i actually like this one a lot better. i hope everyone else at the office agrees.
happy birthday to our february birthday!!!
Cookies & Creme Cupcakes
adapted from Annie’s Eats
- 1 box vanilla or white cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
- 30 Oreo halves, with cream filling attached
- 20 Oreos, quartered (I just used the other half of the Oreos used for the bottom, plus a few more)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Line the wells of two cupcake pans with 30 paper liners. Place an Oreo halve in the bottom of each liner, cream side up.
- Prepare cake batter as instructed on the cake mix box.
- Fold in chopped Oreos, being careful not to over mix.
- Evenly divide the batter between the prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Blend in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the confectioners’ sugar until incorporated and smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream to the bowl and beat on medium-low speed just until incorporated, then increase the speed to medium-high and whip for 4 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes as desired. Sprinkle with Oreo crumbs and garnish with mini Oreos.
Printer Friendly Recipe: Cookies and Creme Cupcakes 2