i saw these on a few other food blogs before and have wanted to try them out for a while. tonight i decided to make some for dinner. they were delicious! just perfect, little, pocket sized pizza goodness all in one bite. yummy! so if you’re in the mood for pizza but don’t feel like going through the trouble of making an actual pizza or feel like spending money on pizza, just make these. hope you like them!
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
adapted from Everyday with Rachael Ray
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni, cut into triangles
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup store-bought spaghetti sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder; whisk in the milk, egg, garlic powder, and basil.
- Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.