today is my peer leader’s (teaching assistant) birthday! she is awesome! she has a ton of energy and enthusiasm and is a really hard worker. i was so excited that her birthday happened to be on a day that we had class; though she probably wasn’t so excited that she had to teach on her birthday. hopefully we made up for that and in celebration of her birthday i made tie dye cupcakes with vanilla buttercream. she’s randomly talks about tie dying shirts and having a tie dye party for our class so i thought that making tie dye cupcakes would be the perfect surprise for her birthday.
happy birthday to my amazing peer leader!!!!
here are some instructions on how to make tie dye cupcakes:
- prepare cake mix batter as instructed on the box (white or yellow cake mix).
- divide cake mix into 5 bowls.
- add 10 drops of food coloring to each bowl (there are instructions on the back of the food coloring box on how to create different colors).
- add batter, color by color into lined cupcake cups until 2/3 full. no need to be precise, because they end up mixing up a little bit and tie dye isn’t so precise either.
- bake as instructed on the box.
- once cupcakes have cooled, frost with vanilla buttercream or another frosting of your choice.
- i decorated mine with skittles to add just a little color but rainbow sprinkles would be great too!